Whenever I tweet Einstein’s warning — “We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive” — Twitter followers favorite and retweet it. But it seems as if anything longer is too much for the majority with little time (and/or short attention spans).
So here — in pictures and bullet points of 140 characters (or less) — is a summary of my work:
- Paradigms (ideas, beliefs) rouse emotions, which in turn fuel the actions which generate results.
- Complete and correct paradigms result in positive emotions and lead to well-being in every area of life.
- Incomplete, dysfunctional paradigms fragment the mind/body. They result in misery and failure across the board.
- Tampering with the consequences of dysfunctional paradigms doesn’t help.
- Restoring a positive paradigm is the basic first necessary step in generating positive change.
HERE IS THE COMPLETE AND CORRECT POSITIVE PARADIGM OF CHANGE:
- This mandala picture repeats in artworks throughout the ages, worldwide. It is the basic archetype of the human psyche.
- It embodies the timeless basics, consistent with what Aldus Huxley called the “perennial philosophy.”
- It is also compatible with the philosophy of the Book of Change, the Chinese I Ching.
- The PPoC places the three variables of Einstein’s formula of energy conversion into the concentric circles of a wheels-within-wheels model.
- The PPoC embodies the Unified Theory which Einstein sought, and ironically already had, but for lack of yoga wisdom, didn’t know it.
- The PPoC is a worldview which answers Joseph Campbell’s call for a way to recognize the humanity of a man on the other side of the globe.
- This model of change is equally compatible with ancient yoga, the world’s enduring religions, and modern physics.
- It mirrors the basic structure of natural creation, from the atom’s rings around a nucleus to planets revolving around the sun.
- The center of the wheel is the unchanging source of life. We emanate from and return to this eternal source.
- The PPoC is the picture of human completion. Each individual contains all the potentials of the entire universe.
- To the extent we have forgotten this, we bring misery and destruction upon ourselves and others.
- We are bent out of shape in countless ways. Levels are dissociated, unbalanced, unprioritized or even cut out entirely.
HERE IS A PICTURE of WAYS in WHICH the PPoC WHEEL of LIFE IS DISTORTED:
- To reverse this process, re-member and restore our True Selves, self-actualizing potential, is each person’s primary personal responsibility.
- Lasting, enduring change begins only from the inside out, and one person at a time.
- The Positive Paradigm Handbook gives the step-by-step method for initiating this positive change.
- At this critical point in history, human survival can no longer be taken for granted.
- As Einstein warned, “We will require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive.”
- The Positive Paradigm Handbook gives the method for cultivating this new manner of “thinking like a genius,” making theory REAL.
Millennials, who have little vested interest in prevailing dysfunctional paradigms, are our best hope of the future.
Sometimes I get discouraged. (Today especially.) Current events seem to parallel the story of Noah, who prepared to face immanent danger alone in his calling.
I begin to doubt whether it’s worth the time and personal anguish to keep writing. It seems as if, no matter what I say or do, people will persist in ignoring every wake-up call, heedlessly scurrying about their daily errands as if blocking out anything/everything they’re afraid to face will prevent the unthinkable from happening to them.
But then I remember the words from the end of Schindler’s List that have become my mantra, “To Save One Life Is To Save the World Entire.” In PPoC context, each of us IS a universe complete. This Talmudic saying is literally true. So I continue to write, passionately hoping that the life which could be saved is yours.
Do humanity a favor. Reblog and share this message of hope with those you love and wish well, as I do.
It’s not the details being unclear that is the barrier…it’s believing that one’s beliefs about reality are “true” that is the problem.
With permission, here are follow-up comments to Craig’s comment:
ME: Your comment was ambiguous. Please clarify. I’m not sure if you’re referring to you, me or all others believing their beliefs are true???
CRAIG: It was, wasn’t it? 🙂
I find that most people think their take on reality is true just because it is theirs, and they experience most things through it.
ME: I’m still puzzling over your comment. Did you read the entire blog?
CRAIG: I did read the whole thing. I like what you’re saying. But people aren’t generally going to look at those drawings and … … identify with the disjointed ones.
ME: Sad but probably true. But I’m writing for people who still have a hope, not those whose minds are closed. I’m very glad YOU like it. : )
CRAIG: I don’t really get putting light in the middle…but I am sure I could understand that if I read your book…haven’t had time
ME: If you look at the picture, the SOURCE of light which is beyond duality (incl light v dark) is at the center. Light is closest to it.
CRAIG: Is e=mc^2 complete? Doesn’t it miss lots?
ME: It’s the difference between a map of China & actually living there. Maps help, even if schematic at best.
CRAIG: I like the map metaphor…makes more sense with “source”
You can’t be more clear. I suspect the youthful consciousness will continue to become more focused on themselves and their immediate personal gratification. Many of us love your writings and find your words thought provoking. Don’t quit now… Especially when we need your passionate and inspirational work more than ever. Namaste
The soul in me bows in gratitude to the radiantly kind soul in you. Namaste!